The Wake County Board of Elections website has a great link to a fillable PDF (shown in picture) that you can then print and mail in to get registered. This form is important if you have moved because it’s a “one-stop shop” for cancelling your registration at your own address at the same time.
Please note, you can register to vote if the following are true:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- 17 years of age and will be 18 by the date of the next general election
A legal resident of Wake County for at least 30 days before the date of the next election
Once you’ve filled out the form, there are 3 ways you can submit the form to complete the process. In all cases, print the form, complete all required sections and sign it. And then…
- By email: Scan it or photograph it and save it as a PDF or JPG. Make sure what you wrote in all required sections is legible, and then, send it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- By fax: Make sure what you wrote in all required sections is legible, and then, fax it to
- By U.S. Mail: Make sure what you wrote in all required sections is legible, and then fold it and place it in an envelope with a first-class postage stamp or one of those handy-dandy “Forever” stamps and send it to:
Wake County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 695, Raleigh, NC 27602
You will receive your voter’s registration card at your home address a few weeks after you submit it.
NOTE: You will need a government-issued photo ID with an address that matches the one on your voters’ registration form.
NOTE: When you vote, you will need a government-issued photo ID that matches the address on your voter registration.